Thursday, July 8, 2010

Al mare!

I'm back on the road, and definitely feeling stronger! All the 'hills' (cough::mountains::cough) of Siena really forced me into good shape. Yesterday I left the farm and managed 122km- all the way to the Ocean. I am camping at the Marina of Pisa. Yes, I saw the tower, and I must say it was a bit dissapointing- it's much shorter than I imagined it.
However, the area has had many pleasant suprises as well. Today I took a day-ride into Lucca, wich is yet another mideavil town. Lucca is neat though because the fortress walls that surround it have been converted into a beautiful park\bike path. You get a nice view of the city on one side and mountains on the other.
The ocean is also beautiful, if a little over-developed. Fortunately for me, I'm still on a 'farm-schedule'. At 5.30am I have the whole coast to myself! This morning I decided to relax a little after my big day yesterday. I had a private cabana with a magnificent view of the ocean. Not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment